LA-EA3/LA-EA5 Mount Adaptor
If you use the LA-EA3 Mount Adaptor (sold separately) or LA-EA5 Mount Adaptor (sold separately), the following functions are available.
Full frame shooting:
Available with full frame shooting-compatible lenses only
LA-EA3: Available with SAM/SSM lens only
LA-EA5: Available with A-mount AF lenses* (For lenses other than SAM and SSM, autofocus is driven by the LA-EA5 AF coupler.)
*Autofocus is not available with some Minolta/Konica Minolta lenses and teleconverters.
Phase Detection AF
Can be changed using the operating switch on the lens.
Single-shot AF/Continuous AF/Direct manual focus (DMF)/Manual Focus
- When using a Mount Adaptor in the movie mode, adjust the aperture value and the focus manually.
Available focus area:
[Wide]/[Zone]/[Center Fix]/[Spot]/[Expand Spot]/[Tracking]
About autofocus during continuous shooting
Although the camera tracks the subject in focus regardless of the settings for continuous shooting and [Shutter Type], the function behaves as follows in some cases.
- The focus is locked to the setting in the first shot when the F-value is greater than F22 under the following conditions.
- When [Shutter Type] is set to [Mechanical Shutter] and the continuous shooting mode is set to [Continuous Shooting: Hi+], [Continuous Shooting: Hi], or [Continuous Shooting: Mid]
- When [Shutter Type] is set to [Electronic Shutter] or [Auto]
- When shooting with [Continuous Shooting: Hi+] or [Continuous Shooting: Hi] and [Shutter Type] is set to [Auto] or [Electronic Shutter], the continuous shooting speed varies according to the focus mode setting as follows.
- [Single-shot AF]/[DMF]/[Manual Focus]: The same speed as when an E-mount lens is attached (The focus is locked to the setting in the first shot.)
- [Continuous AF]: Maximum of 10 images per second