Number of recordable images
When you insert a memory card into the camera and turn the camera on, the number of images that can be recorded (should you continue to shoot using the current settings) is displayed on the screen.
- When “0” (the number of recordable images) flashes in orange, the memory card is full. Replace the memory card with another one, or delete images from the current memory card.
- When “NO CARD” flashes in orange, it means no memory card has been inserted. Insert a memory card.
- If the (Warning) icon or the (Malfunction) icon is displayed, there is something wrong with the memory card. Replace the memory card with another one.
The number of images that can be recorded on a memory card
The table below shows the approximate number of images that can be recorded on a memory card formatted with this camera.
The numbers shown reflect the following conditions:
- Using a Sony memory card
- [Aspect Ratio] is set to [3:2], and [JPEG Image Size]/[HEIF Image Size] is set to [L: 50M]. *1
The values may vary depending on the shooting conditions and the type of memory card used.
|JPEG Quality/HEIF Quality/ File Format||SD memory card||CFexpress Type A memory card|
|JPEG Extra fine||1700||3400||1900||4000|
|HEIF Extra fine||3400||6900||4000||8000|
|RAW & JPEG (Compressed RAW)*2||700||1400||800||1700|
|RAW & HEIF (Compressed RAW)*2||800||1600||900||1800|
|RAW (Compressed RAW)||900||1900||1100||2200|
|RAW & JPEG (Lossless Compressed: L)*2||600||1300||700||1500|
|RAW & HEIF (Lossless Compressed: L)*2||700||1400||800||1600|
|RAW (Lossless Compressed: L)||800||1600||900||1900|
|RAW & JPEG (Uncompressed RAW)*2||400||800||500||1000|
|RAW & HEIF (Uncompressed RAW)*2||400||900||500||1000|
|RAW (Uncompressed RAW)||500||1000||600||1200|
*1When [Aspect Ratio] is set to other than [3:2], you can record more images than the numbers shown in the table above. (except when [RAW] is selected)
*2JPEG image quality when [RAW & JPEG] is selected: [Fine]
HEIF image quality when [RAW & HEIF] is selected: [Fine]
- Even if the number of recordable images is higher than 9999 images, “9999” will appear.