Aperture Drive in AF
Changes the aperture drive system to prioritize the auto-focusing tracking performance or to prioritize silence.
MENU → (Focus) → [AF/MF] → [Aperture Drive in AF] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- Focus Priority:
- Changes the aperture drive system to prioritize auto-focusing performance.
- Uses the standard aperture drive system.
- Silent Priority:
- Changes the aperture drive system to prioritize silence so that the sound from the aperture drive is quieter than in [Standard].
- When [Focus Priority] is selected, sound from the aperture drive may be audible, or the aperture effect may not be visible on the monitor. Also, the continuous shooting speed may become slower or the screen may flicker. To avoid these phenomena, change the setting to [Standard].
- When [Silent Priority] is selected, the focusing speed may become slower, and it may be more difficult to focus on a subject.
- Focus during continuous shooting is locked to the setting of the first shot when the parameter for [Aperture Drive in AF] is set to [Standard] or [Silent Priority], and the F-value is greater than F22.
- The effect may differ depending on the lens you use and the shooting conditions.