Direct manual focus (DMF)
You can make fine adjustments manually after performing auto focusing, letting you focus on a subject more quickly than when using the manual focus from the beginning. This is convenient in situations such as macro shooting.
- Turn the focus mode dial while pressing the focus mode dial lock release button and select DMF.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus automatically.
- Keep the shutter button pressed halfway down, and then rotate the focusing ring to achieve a sharper focus.
When you rotate the focusing ring, the focus distance is displayed on the screen.
The focus distance is not displayed when the Mount Adaptor (sold separately) is attached.
- When you rotate the focusing ring, the focus distance is displayed on the screen.
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot an image.