Shooting still images (Intelligent Auto)
This section describes how to shoot still images in the [Intelligent Auto] mode. In the [Intelligent Auto] mode, the camera automatically focuses and automatically determines the exposure based on the shooting conditions.
- Set the mode dial to (Auto Mode).The shooting mode will be set to (Intelligent Auto).
- Turn the mode dial while pressing the mode dial lock release button in the center of the mode dial.
- Adjust the monitor angle, and hold the camera. Or look through the viewfinder and hold the camera.
- When a zoom lens is mounted, enlarge images by rotating the zoom ring.
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus.When the image is in focus, a beep sounds and the indicator (, etc.) lights up.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
To select the focus mode yourself (focus mode/focus area)
Specifying a focus mode, such as selecting AF-S (Single-shot AF) for landscapes or still subjects and selecting AF-C (Continuous AF) for moving subjects, makes it easier to focus on the desired subject. You can also specify the focus position and range using [Focus Area].
Shooting while focusing on human eyes
The [Face/Eye Prior. in AF] function under [Face/Eye AF] is enabled in the default settings, so you can use the Eye AF function immediately.
To shoot images with the focus locked on the desired subject (Focus-lock)
When you focus on the subject, the focus is locked while the shutter button is pressed halfway down. Switch to the desired composition and press the shutter button all the way down to take the picture.
- You can lock the focus on non-moving subjects. Set the focus mode dial to AF-S (Single-shot AF).
- Setting [Focus Area] to [Center Fix] makes it easier to focus on subjects located in the center of the screen.
- When the product cannot focus automatically, the focus indicator flashes and the beep does not sound. Either recompose the shot or change the focus setting. In [Continuous AF] mode, (focus indicator) lights up and the beep indicating that the focus has been achieved does not sound.
- An icon indicating that data is being written is displayed after shooting. Do not remove the memory card while the icon is displayed. Doing so will prevent images from being recorded normally.