No sound or only a very low level of sound is heard, no matter which device is selected.
- Check that all connecting cables are inserted to their input/output jacks on the receiver, speakers and the devices.
- Check that the receiver and all devices are turned on.
- Check that MASTER VOLUME on the receiver is not set to [VOL MIN].
- Check that SPEAKERS on the receiver is not set to [SPK OFF].
- Check that headphones are not connected to the receiver.
- Press to cancel the muting function.
- Try pressing the input button on the remote control or turning INPUT SELECTOR on the receiver to select the device of your choice.
- If you want to listen to sound from the TV speaker, press AMP MENU, then set [<HDMI>] - [AUDIO OUT] to [TV+AMP] on the display panel. If you cannot play multi-channel audio source, set to [AMP]. However, the sound will not be output through the TV speaker.
- Sound may be interrupted when the sampling frequency, number of channels or audio format of audio output signals from the playback device is switched.