Setting HDMI signal format (SIGNAL FMT.)
You can select the signal format so that the receiver can receive high resolution 4K signals.
This operation is only available using the display panel on the front of the receiver.
- Press AMP MENU.
- Select [<HDMI>] - [SIGNAL FMT.] on the display panel.
- Select the input name you want to apply the setting.
- Select the setting you want.
- STANDARD: If you do not receive high resolution 4K signals, select [STANDARD].
- ENHANCED: If you want to receive high resolution 4K signals, such as 4K/60p 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4K/60p 4:2:0 10 bit, etc., select [ENHANCED].
- When [ENHANCED] is selected, we recommend using a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet, which can support bandwidth up to 18 Gbps.
- When [ENHANCED] is selected, some devices (cable box or satellite box, Blu-ray Disc player, and DVD player) does not work properly. In this case, select [STANDARD].
- If your TV has similar menu for high bandwidth video format, check the setting on the TV menu when you select [ENHANCED] on this receiver. For details on the setting of the TV menu, refer to the operating instructions of the TV.
- For details about the high bandwidth video format, refer to “Supported video formats” in “About HDMI connections.”