No sound or only a very low level of sound is heard from specific speakers.
- Connect a pair of headphones to the PHONES jack to verify that sound is output from the headphones. If only one channel is output from the headphones, the device may not be connected to the receiver correctly. Check that all of the cables are fully inserted into the jacks on both the receiver and the device.
If both channels are output from the headphones, the front speaker may not be connected to the receiver correctly. Check the connection of the front speaker that is not outputting any sound.
- Make sure you have connected to both the L and R jacks of an analog device, as analog devices require both L and R jack connections. Use an audio cable (not supplied).
- Adjust the speaker level.
- Check that the speaker settings are appropriate for the setup using Auto Calibration in [Easy Setup] from the home menu or [<SPEAKER>] - [SP PATTERN] on the display panel. Then check that sound is output from each speaker correctly using [<LEVEL>] - [TEST TONE].
- Some discs have no Dolby Digital Surround EX information. In this case, sound may not be output from some speakers.
- Check that the subwoofer is connected correctly and securely.
- Make sure you have turned on your subwoofer.
- Depending on the selected sound field, sound may not be available from the subwoofer.
- Depending on the source, there may be no sound from the subwoofer when all speakers are set to [LARGE] and [NEO6.CINEMA] or [NEO6.MUSIC] is selected.