Enjoying audio content using the BLUETOOTH function (Pairing operation)
Pairing is an operation where BLUETOOTH devices are registered to each other before connection. Once a pairing operation is performed, it does not need to be performed again.
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 meter (3.3 feet) of the receiver.
- Press BLUETOOTH on the remote control to select the BLUETOOTH function.
- Press PAIRING to activate the pairing mode of the receiver.
[PAIRING] appears and [BT] flashes quickly on the display panel. Perform step 4 within five minutes, otherwise pairing will be canceled. In this case, repeat this step.
- Perform pairing on the BLUETOOTH device to detect this receiver.
For details, refer to the operating instructions of your BLUETOOTH device.
A list of detected devices may appear on the BLUETOOTH device display depending on the type of BLUETOOTH device. This receiver is displayed as [STR-DH770].
- Select [STR-DH770] on the BLUETOOTH device display.
If [STR-DH770] is not displayed, repeat this process from step 1.
- Check that the connection is completed and [BT] lights up on the display panel.
- Start playback on the BLUETOOTH device.
- Adjust the volume.
Adjust the volume of the BLUETOOTH device first. If the volume level is still too low, adjust the volume level of the receiver.
Canceling pairing operation
Press and hold CONNECTIONPAIRING BLUETOOTH on the receiver after step 3.
- You can also use INPUT SELECTOR on the receiver to select the BLUETOOTH function in step 2.
- If the BLUETOOTH device does not support the AVRCP profile, you cannot perform playback or other operations on the receiver.
- If a passkey is required on the display of the BLUETOOTH device in step 6, enter . The passkey may be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” “PIN number” or “Password.”
- You can pair up to 9 BLUETOOTH devices. If a 10th BLUETOOTH device is paired, the least recently connected device will be replaced by the new one.
- You can also activate the pairing mode of the receiver by pressing and holding CONNECTIONPAIRING BLUETOOTH on the receiver.
- On some types of BLUETOOTH devices, you can adjust the volume using the controls of the BLUETOOTH device.