Switching between digital and analog audio (INPUT MODE)
When you connect devices to both digital and analog audio input jacks on the receiver, you can fix the audio input mode to either device, or switch from one to the other, depending on the type of material you intend to watch.
This operation is only available using the display panel on the front of the receiver.
- Press the input buttons to select the input.
- Press AMP MENU.
- Select [<INPUT>] - [INPUT MODE] on the display panel.
- Select the setting you want.
- AUTO: Gives priority to digital audio signals. If there are more than one digital connection, HDMI audio signals have priority. If there is no digital audio signals, analog audio signals are selected. When TV input is selected, priority is given to Audio Return Channel (ARC) signals. If your TV is not compatible with the ARC function, digital optical audio signals are selected.
- OPT: Specifies input of digital audio signals to the OPTICAL IN jack.
- COAX: Specifies input of digital audio signals to the COAXIAL IN jack.
- ANALOG: Specifies input of analog audio signals to the AUDIO IN (L/R) jacks.
- Depending on the input, [INPUT MODE] may be dimmed on the display panel and other modes cannot be selected.
- You can also use INPUT SELECTOR on the receiver to select the input in step 1.