Enjoying content of a connected device without turning on the receiver (STBY THRU)
This function allows you to enjoy the sound and image of a connected device without turning on the receiver.
This operation is only available using the display panel on the front of the receiver.
- Press AMP MENU.
- Select [<HDMI>] - [STBY THRU] on the display panel.
- Select the setting you want.
- ON: The receiver continuously outputs HDMI signals from the HDMI TV OUT jack when in standby mode. Sony recommends this setting if you are using a TV that is not manufactured by Sony.
- AUTO: The receiver outputs HDMI signals to the TV from the HDMI TV OUT jack when the TV is turned on while the receiver is in the standby mode. This setting saves power in the standby mode compared to the [ON] setting.
- OFF: The receiver does not output HDMI signals from the HDMI TV OUT jack when in standby mode. Turn on the receiver if you want to enjoy content of the connected device on the TV.
This setting saves power in the standby mode compared to the [ON] setting.
- Set [STBY THRU] to [ON] when no image from the connected device appears on the TV.
- When the receiver is in standby mode, the (power) indicator on the front panel lights up in amber if [STBY THRU] is set to [ON] or [AUTO].
- [AUTO] may work on other devices than those manufactured by Sony. However, operation is not guaranteed.