Enjoying sound of an Audio Return Channel (ARC) compatible TV
If the receiver is connected to a TV’s HDMI input jack compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), you can listen to TV sound from the speakers connected to the receiver without connecting an optical digital cable or an audio cable.
Set the receiver by the following procedure to output the sound of the TV from the speakers connected to the receiver.
- Select [Setup] - [HDMI Settings] from the home menu.
- Select [Control for HDMI].
- Select [On].
If you connect to a TV that is not compatible with the Audio Return Channel (ARC) function or you want to select an audio signal using a cable other than an HDMI cable (e.g. via an optical digital cable or an audio cable)
Switch the audio input mode.
- Be sure to turn off the volume of the TV or activate the muting function of the TV.
- If your TV does not support the System Audio Control function, set [Audio Out] to [TV + AMP] in the [HDMI Settings] menu to output the sound of the TV from the TV speaker and the speakers connected to the receiver.
- The ARC function may work on other devices than those manufactured by Sony. However, operation is not guaranteed.