Setting HDMI signal formats (HDMI Signal Format)
You can select the signal format so that the receiver can receive high resolution 4K signals.
- Select [Setup] - [HDMI Settings] from the home menu.
- Select [HDMI Signal Format].
- Select the HDMI input you want to apply the setting.
- Select the setting you want.
- Standard format: Select this when you do not use high bandwidth video format.
- Enhanced format: Select this when you use high bandwidth video formats such as 4K/60p 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and 4K/60p 4:2:0 10 bit.
- When [Enhanced format] is selected, we recommend using a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet that supports 18 Gbps.
- When [Enhanced format] is selected, some devices (cable box or satellite box, Blu-ray Disc player, and DVD player) may not work. In this case, select [Standard format].
- If your TV has similar menu for high bandwidth video format, check the setting on the TV menu when you select [Enhanced format] on this receiver. For details on the setting of the TV menu, refer to the operating instructions of the TV.
- For details about the high bandwidth video format, refer to “Supported video formats” in “About HDMI connections.”