No TV sound is output from the receiver.
- Check the type and connection of the HDMI cable, optical digital cable, or audio cable that is connected to the receiver and the TV (refer to the supplied Startup Guide).
- When the system is connected with a TV compatible with Audio Return Channel, make sure the system is connected to an ARC-compatible HDMI input jack of the TV (refer to the supplied Startup Guide). If sound is still not output or if sound is interrupted, connect the supplied optical digital cable and set on the receiver [Setup] - [HDMI Settings] - [Control for HDMI] to [Off].
- If the TV is not compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect the receiver to the TV using an optical digital cable (not supplied) or audio cable (not supplied). There will be no TV sound from the connected speakers when the receiver is connected to an HDMI input jack of a TV that is not compatible with ARC.
- Switch input of the receiver to [TV].
- Increase the volume on the receiver or cancel muting.
- If the sound of a cable box or satellite box connected to the TV is not output, connect the device to an HDMI input jack of the receiver and switch the input of the receiver to the input for the connected device (refer to the supplied Startup Guide).
- Depending on the order in which you connect the TV and the receiver, the receiver may be muted and [Muting] is displayed on the display panel of the receiver. If this happens, turn on the TV first, then the receiver.
- Set the speaker setting of the TV (BRAVIA) to “Audio System.” Refer to the operating instructions of your TV regarding how to set the TV.