Selecting the sensitivity level of the built-in microphones (Built-In Mic Sensitivity)
You can select the sensitivity level of the built-in microphones. You can reduce noises to be recorded by lowing the microphone sensitivity. The lower the sensitivity is, the fewer ambient or distant noises are recorded. Set this menu item before you start recording.
- Select [ Settings] - [Recording Settings] - [Built-In Mic Sensitivity] from the HOME menu, and then press .
- Press or to select [Auto Gain Ctrl] or [Manual], and then press .
If you have selected [Auto Gain Ctrl]:
Press or to select [For Voice] or [For Music], and then press to proceed to step 3.
If you have selected [Manual]:
Proceed to step 4.
While recording is in progress or paused, press or to adjust the recording volume level.
- Press or to select the desired level of the microphone sensitivity, and then press .
- Press and hold BACK/HOME to return to the HOME menu.To return to the screen before you displayed the HOME menu, press STOP.
Description of menu items
You can select one of the following items for [Auto Gain Ctrl]:
- For Voice:
- You can select one of the following sensitivity levels for recording voices.
- Auto: An appropriate sensitivity level is automatically selected according to the input human voices (default setting).
- High: Suitable for recording distant or soft human voices in large spaces, including conference rooms.
- Medium: Suitable for recording small meetings or interviews.
- Low: Suitable for speaking into the built-in microphones to record voice notes or recording nearby or loud human voices.
- For Music:
- You can select one of the following sensitivity levels for recording music.
- High(Music): Suitable for recording small-group chorus performances and distant musical instrument sounds.
- Medium(Music): Suitable for recording live music from a distance of 1 to 2 meters (40 to 80 inches), such as chorus or musical instrument lessons.
- Low(Music): Suitable for recording live loud music, such as band performances.
- While recording audio from an external device is in progress, the Ext. Input Setting function is enabled and the Built-In Mic Sensitivity function is disabled.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.