Starting recording slightly in advance (PRE REC)
The Pre-recording function starts recording up to 5 seconds before you start recording. This function comes in handy when you do not want to miss the beginning of a sudden recording event, such as an interview or an outdoor recording.
A: About 5 seconds of the ongoing audio stream is buffered.
B: Press and hold REC/PAUSE to make the recorder pause for recording.
C: Press REC/PAUSE.
D: Recording start.
- While recording is on standby, select [PRE REC] on the OPTION menu, and then press .
- Pressorto select [ON], and then press.
[PRE REC] is set to [OFF] by default.
- Select the memory storage (the built-in memory or the SD card) and the storage folder where you want to store recorded files.
- Press and hold REC/PAUSE.
Your linear PCM recorder pauses for recording and up to 5 seconds of the ongoing audio stream is buffered in the recorder's memory.
(indicates the buffered time length.)
- To start regular recording, press REC/PAUSE.
Regular recording starts with the audio stream buffered in step 4 prefixed.
- To stop recording, press STOP.
If you use the built-in microphones for recording with the Pre-recording function, noises may be recorded when you press REC/PAUSE. We recommend that you use an external microphone for recording with the Pre-recording function.
If you stop pre-recording without starting regular recording, the buffered in the recorder's memory during the pre-recording period will be cleared.
To cancel the Pre-recording function, select [OFF] in step 2.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.