Notes on charging the battery
The charging case is not water resistant. Before you store the player inside the charging case, ensure the following.
- The player is not wet.
- The supplied accessories (earbuds, arc supporters, and leash cord) are not wet.
- Leave the player and accessories at room temperature until they are completely dry before you start charging.
- Do not use the charging case with wet hands. Do not store the player inside the charging case when the player and the accessories are wet.
- If the lamps or the charging lamp flashes twice repeatedly during charging, the temperature protection function is active. This function protects the player and the charging case from battery deterioration or battery bursting. Leave the player or the charging case at a normal temperature for 1 or 2 hours. Then, charge the player and the charging case at a temperature between 5 °C and 35 °C (41 ºF to 95 ºF).
- Depending on the USB AC adaptor, you may not be able to charge the player and the charging case.
- Always use the supplied USB Type-C cable.
- Firmly insert the USB Type-C cable all the way in. Charging will not start until you insert the USB Type-C cable completely.
- The charging time depends on the battery usage conditions.
- When the battery is sufficiently charged but the battery life has dropped to about half of its normal span, the battery may be worn out. Contact the nearest Sony dealer or Sony Service Center.
The computer may not recognize the player inside the connected charging case in the following situations.
- When you connect the player to the computer via the charging case for the first time
- When the player has not been used for a long period of time
Charge the player for about 10 minutes. The player may start operating normally.
When the charging case is not working correctly
Press the RESTART button on the charging case with a pen or a paper clip to restart the charging case.
- The battery can be recharged about 500 times from a completely depleted state. The exact number of times may vary depending on the usage conditions.
- To prevent deterioration of the batteries, charge the batteries of the player and the charging case at least once every 6 months.
- Charging is not guaranteed when you use a homebuilt or modified computer.
- Charging from a USB hub is only guaranteed when you use a self-powered USB hub that carries an authorized logo.
- When you connect the player to a computer via the charging case for a long period of time, connect the computer to an AC power supply. Otherwise, the computer’s battery may run out.
While you connect the player to a computer via the charging case, observe the following cautions. Otherwise, the player may not function properly.
- Do not turn on the computer.
- Do not restart the computer.
- Do not wake the computer from sleep mode.
- Do not shut down the computer.
- The player and the charging case may become hot while charging. This is not a malfunction.
- When you charge the player and the charging case using a computer, do not remove the USB Type-C cable while data is transferring. If you disconnect the USB Type-C cable, data on the player may be lost.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.