Connecting the player to an unpaired iPhone for the first time
If you connect the player to an iPhone, you can listen to music on iPhone. Before you use the player with an iPhone, pair the player and the iPhone. This registration is called “pairing”. After you pair the player and the iPhone for the first time, the player and the iPhone will store pairing information for each other. You can easily connect the player to the iPhone after the first time.
- Remove the player from the charging case to turn the player on.
- Hold down the button () for 7 seconds.The lamp () will flash twice repeatedly. Pairing will start. If the player does not have any pairing information, pairing will start automatically.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on the iPhone.
- Tap the model name of the player.
If passkey input is required, enter “0000”. The passkey may also be called a “pass code”, “PIN code”, “PIN number”, or “password”.
Make sure that the player and the iPhone are paired to each other. When the connection is established, the lamp () flashes for 5 seconds.
- Once you have successfully completed pairing, you do not have to pair the devices again for future connections between them.
Pairing information is deleted in the following situations. Pair the player and the iPhone again.
- One or both of the player and the iPhone are reset to the factory settings.
- Pairing information is deleted from one or both of the player and the iPhone (such as when the player or the iPhone is repaired).
- If pairing information for the iPhone is deleted from the player, but pairing information for the player remains on the iPhone, delete the information from the iPhone. Then, register the player and the iPhone to each other again.
- The above procedure is an example. For details, refer to the operating manual for the iPhone.
The following movie shows you how to connect the player to an iPhone for the first time and subsequent times.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.