Notes on handling the player
Read the notes below and follow the instructions to use the player safely.
- Consult a doctor if you become injured or burned from using the product.
- Contact the nearest Sony dealer or Sony Service Center if the player does not operate properly.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, an explosion, fire, electric shock, burns, or injury may result.
- Do not expose the player to fire.
- Do not allow metallic objects to get inside the player.
- Do not short-circuit the terminals of the player with metallic objects.
- Do not take apart or modify the player.
- Do not use the player when you see lightning or hear thunder.
- Do not use the player if it causes an uncomfortable reaction on your skin.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, you may damage the casing or cause the player to malfunction.
- Do not place the player in direct sunlight.
- Do not place the player in locations where the temperature is extremely high.
- Do not leave the player in direct sunlight. Do not leave the player in a car with all the windows closed, especially during the summer.
- Do not place the player in locations where it is exposed to vibration.
- Do not drop the player from heights.
- Do not apply a strong force or shock to the player.
- Do not place the player in locations where there is magnetization. For example, do not place the player near a magnet, speakers, or a TV.
- Do not turn on the player right after you move it from a cold environment to a warm environment.
- Do not use the player in damp and hot locations where the temperature exceeds 35 °C (95 ºF) (for example, in a sauna).
- Do not place the player on an unstable surface or in an inclined position.
Do not sit down when the player is inserted in your pocket.
- Do not use the player in locations where it is exposed to excessive dust.
- Wash the player in lukewarm water if tanning oil or sunscreen adheres to the player. These substances may cause damage to the player, such as discoloration or cracks.
- The earbuds, the arc supporters and the leash cord may deteriorate due to long-term use or storage.
- The waterproofing is not effective against certain liquids (soapy water, water containing detergent or bath additives, shampoo, hot-spring water, etc.).
- Do not place objects on top of the player.
- Comply with announcements regarding the use of electronic devices when you are on an airplane.
- Heat may build up in the player in the following situations, but this is not a malfunction.
However, be careful because there is a risk of low-temperature burns.
- While the battery is charging.
- While the player is playing for an extended period of time.
- Be careful when you use the leash cord. If the leash cord gets caught, you may become injured.
- Store the player inside the charging case after use, and keep the player out of the reach of children. Otherwise, children may swallow the small parts (earbuds, arc supporters, etc.).
- Remove any moisture from the terminals and surface of the player with a soft, dry cloth. Then, store the player inside the charging case. The charging case is not water resistant. If you store the player when it is wet, the charging case may malfunction.
- Content that you record is for personal use only. Under copyright law, the content cannot be used without the permission of the copyright holder.
Notes on communication between the 2 units
- If you do not put the player properly on your ears, the quality of communication between the 2 units may degrade. Replace the earpieces or arc supporters with the appropriate size for each ear. Then, put the player on your ears securely.
- Electromagnetic noise may interrupt the connection between the 2 units in some environments (near household appliances, security gates, etc.).
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.