Sound becomes muffled (low volume). There is no sound.
Sound deterioration or loss may occur in the following situations.
- Foreign substances (such as earwax) build up in the headphone sections.
- Water gets inside the headphone sections.
Clean the mesh sheet with gentle running tap water.
Remove the earbuds and arc supporters from both units.
Rinse the terminals ( ) and the mesh sheet ( ) of the player with gentle running tap water.
If the terminals () and the mesh sheet () are not clean, wet a soft brush (such as a toothbrush) with water and clean them.
Do not apply strong force to the mesh sheet (). Doing so may damage the mesh sheet ().
Remove any moisture from the terminals ( ) and surface of the player with a soft, dry cloth.
Pat the headphone sections softly against a dry cloth about 20 times.
Pat the areas around the buttons of the player softly against a dry cloth. Repeat the patting about 30 times.
Place the player on a dry cloth. Then, leave the player at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
Attach the earbuds and arc supporters securely to both units.
Check if the sound is normal.
- Do not apply strong force to the mesh sheet. Doing so may damage the mesh sheet.
- Do not rub foreign substances on the mesh sheet. Doing so may push them into the player. If water or foreign substances get inside of the mesh sheet, the player may become damaged.
- If you do not hear any sound from the right unit, remove the player from both ears. Move the units at least 30 cm (11.9 inches) away from each other, and then put the player on your ears again.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.