Connecting the player to an unpaired Android smartphone for the first time
If you connect the player to an Android smartphone, you can listen to music on the smartphone. Before you use the player with an Android smartphone, pair the player and the smartphone. This registration is called “pairing”. After you pair the player and the Android smartphone for the first time, the player and the smartphone will store pairing information for each other. You can easily connect the player to the Android smartphone after the first time.
- Remove the player from the charging case to turn the player on.
- Hold down the button () for 7 seconds.The lamp () will flash twice repeatedly. Pairing will start. If the player does not have any pairing information, pairing will start automatically.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on the smartphone.
- Tap the model name of the player.
Depending on the smartphone that you are using, the search may start automatically.
If passkey input is required, enter “0000”. The passkey may also be called a “pass code”, “PIN code”, “PIN number”, or “password”.
Make sure that the player and the smartphone are paired to each other. When the connection is established, the lamp () flashes for 5 seconds.
- If the smartphone has an NFC function, you can pair and connect the devices by touching them together.
- Once you have successfully completed pairing, you do not have to pair the devices again for future connections between them.
Pairing information is deleted in the following situations. Pair the player and the Android smartphone again.
- One or both of the player and the smartphone are reset to the factory settings.
- Pairing information is deleted from one or both of the player and the smartphone (such as when the player or the smartphone is repaired).
- If pairing information for the Android smartphone is deleted from the player, but pairing information for the player remains on the smartphone, delete the information from the smartphone. Then, register the player and the smartphone to each other again.
- The above procedure is an example. For details, refer to the operating manual for the Android smartphone.
The following movie shows you how to connect the player to an Android smartphone for the first time and subsequent times.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.