If messages appear on the LCD monitor, follow the instructions.
Cannot recognize the internal memory. Format and use again. (models with the internal memory)
- The internal memory of this product is set differently from the default format. Performing [Format] may enable you to use this product. Formatting will delete all data in the internal recording medium.
- An error occurred during reading or writing the internal memory of this product (models with the internal memory).
- This may occur when you keep applying shock to this product.
- Movies recorded on other devices may not be played back.
The Image Database File is damaged. Do you want to create a new file?
HD movie management information is damaged. Create new information?
- The management file is damaged. When you select [Yes], a new management file is created. The old recorded images on the media cannot be played back (Image files are not damaged). If you execute [Repair Img. DB F.] after creating new information, playing back the old recorded images may become possible. If it does not work, copy the image using the PlayMemories Home software.
There is no Image Database File Movies cannot be recorded or played Create a new file?
There is no HD movie management information. Create new information?
- You cannot record or play back movies because no movie management information exists. If you select [Yes], new management information is created and you can record or play back movies.
Inconsistencies found in image database file. Do you want to repair the image database file?
The Image Database File is damaged. Do you want to repair the Image Database File?
Inconsistencies found in image database file. Cannot record or play HD movies. Do you want to repair the image database file?
- You cannot record or play back movies because no movie management information exists. If you select , new management information is created and you can record or play back movies.
Inconsistencies found in the image database file. Back up and recover.
Recover, then import using the included PC software.
- Since the database information of high definition image quality (HD) movies has been damaged, there are inconsistencies between the information in the database and the information in the file. Select to back up the high definition image quality (HD) movies and repair the database file. You cannot see the backed-up movies on this product. By connecting this product to a computer after repairing the database, you can import backed-up high definition image quality (HD) movies to the computer using the PlayMemories Home software installed on the computer. However, it is not guaranteed that all movies can be imported to the computer.
Buffer overflow. Writing to the media was not completed in time.
- You have performed recording and erasing operations repeatedly, or a memory card that has been formatted by other device is used. Copy and take data backup to other device (such as a computer), and then format the memory card on this product.
- The size of the inserted memory card is not sufficient for copying the movie(s). Use the recommended memory card.
- If writing data onto the media of this product has failed, attempts will be automatically made to recover the data.
Cannot recover data.
- Writing data onto the media of this product has failed. Attempts were made to recover the data, but they were unsuccessful.
Reinsert the memory card.
- Reinsert the memory card a few times. If the indicator continues to flash even after reinserting, the memory card could be damaged. Try with another memory card.
Cannot recognize this memory card. Format and use again.
- Format the memory card on this product. Note that when you format the memory card, all the recorded movies and photos are deleted.
The maximum number of still image folders has been reached. Cannot record still images.
- You cannot create folders exceeding 999MSDCF. You cannot create or delete created folders using this product.
- Format the memory card, or delete folders using your computer.
This memory card may not be able to record or play movies.
This memory card may not be able to record or play images correctly.
- Use a memory card recommended for this product.
Do not eject the memory card during writing. Data may be damaged.
- Reinsert the memory card.
External media cannot execute functions.
- Check the image database file by selecting - [Setup] - [ Media Settings] - [Repair Img. DB F.]
- If even then the indicator flashes, format the external media using your computer, and then reconnect this product with the external media. Note that if you format the external media device, all the recorded movies and photos in it are deleted.
- If the same message still appears after formatting, the external media may not be supported by this product, or it may be damaged. Try with another external media.
Unable to access external media.
- Use the external media device in stable condition (the environment such as no vibration and room temperature, etc.).
- Make sure that the power source of the external media device is connected.
Maximum number of images already selected.
- You can select only 100 images at one time for:
- Deleting movies/photos
- Protecting movies/photos, or releasing the protection
- Copying movies/photos
- You tried to delete protected data. Release the protection of the data.