Creating a highlight movie (MP4 format) with Highlight Movie Maker
A highlight movie is created by selecting MP4 movies that have recorded simultaneously with the movies. The created movies are in MP4 format and you can easily share them with your smartphone or other device.
You can also customize the editing range of Highlight Movie Maker and the background music for highlight movies according to your preference.
If you set highlight points while recording a movie, scenes near these points are preferentially included in the highlight movie. For details, see “Adding a highlight point during recording.”
It is recommended that you use the AC Adaptor when creating highlight movies with Highlight Movie Maker.
- Open the LCD monitor and press (create highlight movies) button on the side of this product.
- The Event View screen is displayed.
- The Event View screen is also displayed by touching (View Images) on the LCD monitor to enter the playback mode and selecting [ Highlight].
- On the LCD monitor, select an event which contains movies you want to create a highlight movie and select .
- The confirmation screen is displayed.
- To change the settings, select , change the settings according to your preference on the displayed setting screen then select .
Menu items that you can set
You can change the date range (starting date/ending date) of the highlight movie to be created.
You can set the length of the highlight movie.
You can set the effect of the transition between scenes in the highlight movie.
You can set the speed of the transition between scenes in the highlight movie.
You can select your preferred background music for the highlight movie.
The balance of recorded sound and background music is adjusted.
You can select scenes to be included in the highlight movie.
To add highlight points, play back a movie, select to suspend playback, then select
To clear the set highlight points of a movie, select - [Clear All Points].
- On the confirmation screen, select to create the highlight movie.
- The time required to create a highlight movie is about twice the total duration of the movie being created.
- The created highlight movie is saved in MP4 format.
- Select the desired operation when creation of the highlight movie is completed.
A: To exit.
B: A screen where you can choose to share the created highlight movie on a smartphone or computer is displayed.
You will need a Wi-Fi connection or USB connection to share the highlight movie. For details, see “Transferring movies (MP4) and photos to your smartphone or tablet.”
C: To play back the created highlight movie to check the content.
- You can replace background music files on this product using Music Transfer of “PlayMemories Home.”
- Connect the product with your computer using a USB cable.
- Start “PlayMemories Home” installed on your computer, then select Music Transfer from the menu bar.
- To transfer a highlight movie to a smartphone or a computer, select displayed on the playback screen of the highlight movie.
- Select an MP4 movie whose recording time is 5 seconds or longer.
- If the duration of the selected movie is shorter than the time selected in [Movie Length] or that of the background music, a highlight movie cannot be created.
- The bit-rate of highlight movies created with [Highlight Movie Maker] is 6Mbps.
- The created highlight movie cannot be saved if its file size exceeds the free space of the memory.
- Up to 10 highlight points can be set for a movie. If the number of set highlight points has reached 10 points, no more highlight points can be set. To set a new highlight point, clear all set highlight points and set them again.
- When no highlight points are set, the highlight movie is edited with the points this product selects. Also, if the length of the highlight movie is short, scenes you intended may not be selected.
- There is a possibility that some of the highlight points you have set will not be used in the highlight movie.
- If the highlight movie cannot be played back due to corrupted background music file, select - [Setup] - [ Playback Settings] - [Empty Music], then transfer the background music file to this product. Background music files pre-installed to this product can be recovered with Music Transfer of “PlayMemories Home.”
- The sound of the highlight movie is converted to 2ch stereo audio.
- Only MP4 movies that have recorded simultaneously. 24p movies can be recorded with [Dual Video REC], but cannot be used for highlight movies.
- Background music preinstalled on this product have officially been contracted between Sony and licensors. Movies containing the said background music are allowed for private use, duplication, distribution, or public transmission only when the said movies are intended for nonprofit purposes and without receiving any kind of consideration from the person to whom the said movies are presented to.
- Highlight movies may not be created if you import them to this product from another camera.