Enjoying audio content using the BLUETOOTH function (Pairing operation)
Pairing is an operation where BLUETOOTH devices are registered to each other before connection. Once a pairing operation is performed, it does not need to be performed again. Be sure to set the [Bluetooth Mode] to [Receiver] before pairing a device with this receiver.
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 meter (3.3 feet) of the receiver.
- Press and hold CONNECTION PAIRING BLUETOOTH on the receiver to select the BLUETOOTH function.
[PAIRING] flashes on the display panel. Perform step 3 within five minutes, otherwise pairing will be canceled. If pairing is canceled, repeat this step.
- Perform pairing on the BLUETOOTH device to detect this receiver.
For details, refer to the operating instructions of your BLUETOOTH device.
A list of detected devices may appear on the BLUETOOTH device display depending on the type of BLUETOOTH device. This receiver is displayed as [STR-DN1080 XXXXXX] (*).
- Select [STR-DN1080 XXXXXX] (*) on the BLUETOOTH device display.
If [STR-DN1080 XXXXXX] (*) is not displayed, repeat this process from step 1.
When the BLUETOOTH connection is established, the paired device name appears and [BT] lights up on the display panel.
Start playback on the BLUETOOTH device.
Adjust the volume.
Adjust the volume of the BLUETOOTH device first. If the volume level is still too low, adjust the volume level of the receiver.
* XXXXXX is the identification number for each unit.
Canceling pairing operation
Pairing operation will be canceled when you switch the input.
- Some applications of BLUETOOTH device cannot be controlled from the receiver.
- If a passkey is required on the display of the BLUETOOTH device in step 4, enter . The passkey may be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” “PIN number” or “Password.”
- You can pair up to 9 BLUETOOTH devices. If a 10th BLUETOOTH device is paired, the least recently connected device will be replaced by the new one.
- CONNECTION PAIRING BLUETOOTH on the receiver does not work when the [Bluetooth Mode] is set to [Off].
- You can change the name of the receiver that appears on your device in [Device Name] in the [System Settings] menu.