Connecting 5.1-channel speaker system with Zone 2 connection
Connect each speaker as illustrated below.
Before connecting cables, be sure to disconnect the AC power cord (mains lead).
For details on how to connect speaker cables to the receiver, see “How to connect speaker cables.”
Monaural audio cable (not supplied)
Speaker cable (not supplied)
*1 For USA and Canadian models only
*2 For other models
After you have made the Zone 2 connection, set [SURROUND BACK/ZONE2 Priority] to [ZONE2 Terminals] in the [Speaker Settings] menu (for USA and Canadian models only).
After you have made the Zone 2 connection, set [Surround Back Speaker Assign] to [Zone2] in the [Speaker Settings] menu (for other models only).
- Connect speakers with a nominal impedance of 6 ohms to 16 ohms.
- After you have installed and connected your speakers, be sure to select the speaker pattern you want using [Speaker Pattern] in the [Speaker Settings] menu.
- You can only set [Surround Back Speaker Assign] if the speaker pattern is set to a setting that does not have surround back and height/overhead speakers.
- Only audio signals from [USB], [Bluetooth] (while in BLUETOOTH RX mode only), [Home Network], [Music Service List], [FM TUNER] and audio signals input from AUDIO IN jacks are output to the Zone 2 speakers.
- External digital input from OPTICAL IN, COAXIAL IN and HDMI IN jacks cannot be output to Zone 2.