Enjoying sound from a TV compatible with the eARC or ARC function
If the receiver is connected to a TV’s HDMI input jack compatible with the eARC or ARC function, you can listen to TV sound from the speakers connected to the receiver without connecting an optical digital cable or an audio cable.
Set the receiver by the following procedure to output the sound of the TV from the speakers connected to the receiver.
- Select [Setup] - [HDMI Settings] from the home menu.
- Select [Control for HDMI].
- Select [On].
- Select [eARC].
- Select the setting you want.
- On: The eARC function is available. When you connect an eARC-compatible TV, the eARC function is activated. When you connect a TV that is compatible with ARC (but not compatible with eARC), the ARC function is activated.
- Off: The ARC function is available. The eARC function is not available. When you connect a TV compatible with eARC or ARC, the ARC function is activated.
- Press HOME to return to the home menu, and select [Watch] - [TV].
If you connect to a TV that is not compatible with the eARC or ARC function or you want to select an audio signal using a cable other than an HDMI cable (e.g. via an optical digital cable or an audio cable)
- Select [Setup] - [Input Settings] from the home menu.
- Adjust [Input Mode] for the input to which the TV is connected based on the connection method you are using.
- Be sure to turn off the volume of the TV or activate the muting function of the TV.
- You can operate steps 4 and 5 only when [Input Mode] for the TV input is set to [Auto].
- If your TV does not support the System Audio Control function, set [Audio Out] to [TV + AMP] in the [HDMI Settings] menu to output the sound of the TV from the TV speaker and the speakers connected to the receiver.
- The ARC function may work on other devices than those manufactured by Sony. However, operation is not guaranteed.
- If your TV has a similar menu for eARC or ARC, also check the relevant settings on the TV. For details, refer to the operating instructions of the TV.