What is “BRAVIA” Sync?
“BRAVIA” Sync is an extended function developed by Sony based on the Control for HDMI (*1) function. By connecting “BRAVIA” Sync-compatible devices, such as a TV or a Blu-ray Disc player, using an HDMI cable (*2) (not supplied) you can control the devices with the TV remote control. The following functions can be used with “BRAVIA” Sync.
- Turning off the receiver and connected devices simultaneously with the TV (System Power Off function) (Standby Linked to TV)
- Enjoying TV sound from the speakers connected to the receiver (System Audio Control function)
- Enjoying sound from a TV compatible with the eARC or ARC function
- Enjoying an input source from a connected device immediately (One-Touch Play function)
- Operating the receiver menu using the TV remote control (Remote Easy Control function)
- Enjoying content of a connected device without turning on the receiver (Standby Through)
- Selecting the optimum picture quality and sound field automatically (Scene Select function)
- About Home Theatre Control function
- Echo Canceling function
- About Language Follow function
*1 Control for HDMI is a standard used by CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) specification that enables interoperability of connected devices for HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) connections.
*2 Sony recommends a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet that supports 18 Gbps.
- Functions such as System Power Off, System Audio Control, One-Touch Play, and Remote Easy Control may be used with other devices than those manufactured by Sony that support the Control for HDMI function. However, compatibility with other devices than those manufactured by Sony is not guaranteed.