Main features of the AV receiver
Compatible with a variety of connections and high-quality audio/video formats
Compatible with wired/wireless network, BLUETOOTH®, and USB connections
- Connect a Walkman, iPod/iPhone (AirPlay), computer, NAS or USB device to the receiver to play content on those devices or transmit music to BLUETOOTH headphones/speakers.
- Music services such as Spotify and Chromecast built-in are supported.
Compatible with the latest object-based audio formats
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X are supported.
Compatible with high-definition playback of High-Resolution Audio
- During network audio playback or content playback on a USB device, the receiver supports High-Resolution Audio content at up to 5.6 MHz in the DSD format and at up to 192 kHz/24 bits in the WAV, FLAC, and AIFF formats.
- Native playback of DSD files is also supported.
Compatible with high-definition 4K video formats (*)
- The receiver supports 4K HDR and HDCP 2.2, letting you enjoy high-definition video images.
* You need to change the setting of [HDMI Signal Format] depending on the input video signal.
Functions for an optimum surround environment
Calibrating your viewing and listening environment to bring it closer to an ideal surround space using Auto Calibration (D.C.A.C. EX (*))
- D.C.A.C. EX measures and calibrates the distance, angle, level, and frequency characteristics of the speakers using the supplied stereo calibration microphone.
- The sound is then remapped to an ideal position by simulating ideal speaker positions and angles (Speaker Relocation).
* Digital Cinema Auto Calibration EX
Calibration functions for sound fields corresponding to various speaker installation conditions
- Phantom Surround Back: Allows you to enjoy a surround-sound effect acoustically equivalent to that of a 7-channel speaker system, using only a 5-channel speaker system, and when using a 5.1.2-channel speaker system, it allows you to enjoy a surround-sound effect acoustically equivalent to that of a 7.1.2-channel speaker system.
- Front Surround: Allows you to enjoy virtual surround-sound with only two front speakers.
- In-Ceiling Speaker Mode : Reproduces more natural sound by lowering the position of audio output from speakers installed in the ceiling.
- Center Speaker Lift Up : Reproduces natural sound that feels more authentic by lifting the sound from the center speaker up to the height of the screen.
Audio technologies for high-definition music playback
Sound fields selectable by preference
You can select from a variety of sound fields according to speaker connections or input sources (2ch Stereo, Direct, A.F.D. (Auto Format Decoding), etc.).
Upscaling of existing sound sources into higher resolutions with the same quantity of information as High-Resolution Audio using DSEE HX (*)
The receiver restores signals from compressed sound sources to the region originally included in High-Resolution Audio content by up-sampling the sampling frequency and expanding the bit depth to the equivalent of a maximum of 192 kHz/24 bits, letting you enjoy CDs and lossy compressed sound sources such as MP3 files in expressive sound quality closer to the original.
* Digital Sound Enhancement Engine HX
High-definition BLUETOOTH music playback (LDAC)
LDAC allows approximately three times more data to be transmitted than with the previous BLUETOOTH A2DP-SBC (328 kbps, 44.1 kHz). The receiver supports wireless playback (transmission/reception) of high-quality sound when speakers, headphones, a Walkman, or a smartphone that supports LDAC are connected to the receiver via a BLUETOOTH connection.
Reproduction of authentic impact and realistic sense of immersion in movies (Sound Optimizer)
Sound Optimizer calibrates disparities in acoustic frequency characteristics caused by the difference in volume levels between movie production and playback, and reproduces the impact and immersive surround effect that the movie’s sound engineers intended even when the movie is played back at low volume levels in a home.
Other useful functions
Compatible with “SongPal” (*) and “SongPal Link”
SongPal is a dedicated app for operating SongPal-compatible audio devices manufactured by Sony from a smartphone or tablet device.
It lets you operate the receiver from the smartphone or tablet device and use the SongPal Link function such as the Wireless Multi-Room function, etc.
* “SongPal” has been renewed as “Sony | Music Center.” You can use “Sony | Music Center” on this receiver.
Equipped with an HDMI jack compatible with the eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) and ARC (Audio Return Channel) function
TV sound can be output from the receiver using only one HDMI cable.
eARC is a new feature of HDMI Specification 2.1.
When you connect an eARC-compatible TV to the receiver, in addition to the audio formats already supported by conventional ARC, you can also enjoy object-based audio formats such as Dolby Atmos - Dolby TrueHD and DTS:X as well as Multi Channel Linear PCM, which cannot be transmitted by ARC.
Supports bi-amping of front speakers
You can enhance the sound quality of the front speakers by connecting different amplifiers to the tweeter and woofer using a bi-amplifier connection.
Support for music and video playback in different rooms
- The Wireless Multi-Room function (*) lets you listen to the same music in different rooms.
- The multi-zone features let you output audio and video signals to another room.
* You can enjoy the sound of the device that is connected to the receiver. The sound is delayed behind the picture.