6. Checking Auto Calibration results
To check error codes or warning messages received in [Auto Calibration], proceed with the following steps:
If an error code appears
Check the error and perform Auto Calibration again.
- Select [Retry].
- Follow the instructions on the TV screen and then press to select [Start].
The measurement starts in a few seconds.
The measurement process takes approximately 30 seconds. A test tone is output from each speaker in sequence.
When the measurement ends, a beep sounds and the screen switches.
Select the item you want.
- Save: Saves the measurement results and exits the setting process.
- Retry: Performs the Auto Calibration again.
- Discard: Exits the setting process without saving the measurement results.
Save the measurement results.
Select [Save] in step 3.
If the Speaker Relocation/Phantom Surround Back screen appears, select the setting you want by referring to “Calibrating speaker positioning (Speaker Relocation/Phantom Surround Back).”
Skip to step 6 if the screen does not appear in the following cases:
- The set speaker pattern does not include surround back speakers but does include surround speakers, and [Surround Speaker Position] is set to [Front].
- [In-Ceiling Speaker Mode] is set to [Front & Center] or [Front].
Select the type of calibration you want by referring to “Selecting the Auto Calibration type (Calibration Type).”
When [Do you want to activate Calibration Matching?] appears on the screen, select [Yes] or [No].
- Yes: Expands the sweet spot for the viewing position and allows you to enjoy more natural sound by trimming the wavefront for each pair of left/right speakers.
- No: The measurement results of the Auto Calibration function are applied directly.
If a warning message appears
Check the warning message and select [OK]. For details on the warning messages, see “List of messages after Auto Calibration measurements.”
- The measurement results may vary depending on the position of the subwoofer. However, continuing to use the receiver with that value does not cause problems.