Enjoying music stored on a USB device
You can enjoy music from a USB device by connecting it to the (USB) port on the receiver.
Select [Listen] - [USB (Connected)] from the home menu.The same operation can also be performed by pressing USB on the remote control.
Select the track you want from the file list.The selected track starts playing and the information of track appears on the TV screen.
Operating the USB device using the remote control
You can operate the USB device using the remote control of the receiver.
Press USB before you use the following buttons:
- : Starts or pauses playback.
- : Stops playback.
- / : Moves to the start of the previous/current or next track. Press and hold to perform fast forward or fast reverse the current track.
Setting playback modes using the options menu
You can set the following playback modes by pressing OPTIONS after step 2.
- Auto Playback: If this is set to [On], music files stored on the connected USB device will start playing automatically when you press USB.
Repeat Setting: You can set the following repeat playback modes for music files stored on the USB device:
- All: Plays back all files on the USB device repeatedly.
- Folder: Plays back all files in the selected folder (including subfolders) repeatedly.
- Track: Plays back only the selected file repeatedly.
- Off: Plays back all files in the selected folder and stops playback with the last file.
- Shuffle Setting: If this is set to [On], music files stored on the connected USB device will be played back in the shuffle playback mode. The files targeted for shuffle playback are based on the setting for [Repeat Setting].
- The receiver can recognize the following files or folders in USB devices:
- up to folders in the 9th layer (including the root folder)
- up to 500 files/folders in a single layer
- To listen to music files stored on your Walkman, you need to drag and drop the files in formats supported by the receiver (such as MP3) from your computer to the Walkman. However, music files transferred to the Walkman using Sony | Music Center for PC can be played back on the receiver because the files are stored in the [Music] folder.
- Audio content with DRM (Digital Rights Management) copyright protection cannot be played on this receiver.