Setting the HDMI audio signal output of connected devices (Audio Out)
You can set the HDMI audio signal output of playback devices connected to the receiver via an HDMI connection.
Select [Setup] - [HDMI Settings] from the home menu.
Select [Audio Out].
Select the setting you want.
- AMP: HDMI audio signals from playback devices are only output to the speakers connected to the receiver. Multi-channel sound can be played back as it is.
- TV + AMP: The sound is output from the speaker of the TV and the speakers connected to the receiver.
- When you select [AMP], audio signals are not output from the speaker of the TV.
- When you select [TV + AMP], the sound quality of the playback device depends on the sound quality of the TV (number of channels, sampling frequency, etc.). If the TV has stereo speakers, the sound output from the receiver is in the same stereo as the TV, even when playing back multi-channel source.
- When you connect the receiver to a video device (projector, etc.), sound may not be output from the receiver. In this case, select [AMP].
- When you select [TV + AMP], only sound from the HDMI IN jacks is output from the speaker of the TV.