Airspace flight-restricted functions
This product is equipped with functions that provide information on flight-restricted airspace to support safe flight.
If any of the following three airspace flight-restricted functions is enabled, warnings may be displayed in the “Airpeak Flight” App or some functions of the aircraft may be restricted, based on airspace information.
The flight radius and altitude from the take-off position can be designated as a user-specified zone.
A UTM(*1)-regulated zone refers to flight-restricted airspace in accordance with the regulations of each country or region and user attributes.
To support safe flight, this product displays airspace information provided by AirMap, Inc., or such other third party UTM service provider named by Sony. When you fly the aircraft, be sure to make flight decisions based on the latest and official information.
It is important that you update the airspace database system saved in the aircraft and the “Airpeak Flight” App on a regular basis, especially before flying in a new location.
*1 UTM: Unmanned aircraft system Traffic Management
You can create geofences with the “Airpeak Base” App and fly the aircraft only within the geofence zones.
About flight-restricted airspaces
- Flight-restricted airspaces are as follows.
- Airspace beyond the maximum horizontal distance and maximum altitude specified by users.
- Within UTM-regulated zones
- Outside the shape defined by the geofences
- The aircraft cannot take off within a flight-restricted airspace. In addition, the control stick operations of the remote controller and some functions of the “Airpeak Flight” App are disabled.
- If the aircraft approaches a flight-restricted airspace, warnings will be displayed on the flight screen in the “Airpeak Flight” App and the aircraft will automatically decelerate or stop as needed.
Airspace information displayed in the “Airpeak Flight” App
Geofences created in the “Airpeak Base” App are displayed.
You can toggle the airspace flight-restricted functions on and off in the setting menu of the “Airpeak Flight” App ( (Settings) － [Aircraft] － [Safety functions]).
It is the remote pilot/operator's responsibility to always operate in accordance with the regulations of each country or region and user attributes.
- You can update the airspace database system in the setting menu of the “Airpeak Flight” App ( (Settings) － [General] － [Maintenance]).