Adjusting the focus automatically
You can adjust the focus automatically in accordance with the situation.
A: Manual lens ring
B: ZOOM/FOCUS switch
C: AF/MF button
- Press the AF/MF button to set the focus to automatic.
- disappears and the auto focus adjustment is effective.
- When the phase detection AF function is effective, the phase detection AF frames appear (only when [PHASE AF FRAMES] is set to [ON]). White frames are the area to where the camcorder tries to focus. Frame color changes to green after focusing.
- In the Super Slow Motion recording mode, auto focus function is not available. Adjust the focus manually.
- The focal length information (the distance at which the subject is in focus; for when it is dark and hard to adjust the focus) appears for about 3 seconds in the following cases.
- When you press AF/MF button to set the focus to manual and appears.
- When you rotate the manual lens ring while appears.
- You can switch the focal length information between meters and feet. Select the unit on MENU button - (DISPLAY SET) - [FOCUS DISPLAY].
- You can change the focus position for auto focus mode during movie recording.
- You can select the focus speed for auto focus mode during movie recording.
- You can select AF tracking sensitivity for auto focus mode during movie recording.
- You can set whether to display the phase detection AF frames that appear when the phase detection AF function is effective.