Recording with Slow & Quick Motion
By shooting with a frame rate that is different from the playback frame rate, you can record images to be played back as slow motion or quick motion images. The images recorded with Slow & Quick Motion will appear smoother than slow or fast-forward playback of images recorded at normal speed (XAVC S 4K and XAVC S HD only).
A: MENU button
B: S&Q button
C: START/STOP button
D: ////SET button
Preparation for the Slow & Quick Motion recording
Set the recording format and frame rate on MENU button - (CAMERA SET) - [SLOW & QUICK] - [S&Q MOTION].
To record with Slow & Quick Motion
- Press the S&Q button to display [S&Q MOTION].
- The camcorder is in the Slow & Quick Motion recording mode.
- You can set the camcorder to the Slow & Quick Motion recording mode by selecting (CAMERA SET) - [SLOW & QUICK] - [S&Q MOTION] - [EXECUTE].
- Press the START/STOP button.
- The Slow & Quick Motion recording starts.
To stop the Slow & Quick Motion recording
Press the START/STOP button again.
To change the frame rate setting
Hold the S&Q button down for about 1 second and change the value with the ////SET button, then press the ////SET button to enter.
To cancel the Slow & Quick Motion recording
Press the S&Q button or MENU button.
- The supported memory cards vary depending on the file format.
- When recording with Quick Motion, the camcorder may continue recording for some time (approximately 30 seconds at most) after you press the START/STOP button to stop recording. Do not operate the camcorder while the [REC] indicator is flashing on the LCD monitor. Wait until it turns to [STBY].
- After you press the START/STOP button to stop recording, the camcorder continues recording until it completes writing of the minimum unit of data (0.5 seconds of replay time). When recording with slow frame rate, it may take time to stop recording after pressing the START/STOP button.
- The frame rate setting cannot be changed while Slow & Quick Motion recording. To change the setting, stop recording.
- The time code is recorded in [REC RUN] mode.
- The Slow & Quick Motion recording mode is canceled automatically when the camcorder is turned off, but the frame rate setting is retained.
- You cannot record audio during the Slow & Quick Motion recording.
- You cannot perform Simultaneous recording during the Slow & Quick Motion recording.
- [S&Q MOTION] is disabled when [FILE FORMAT] is set to [AVCHD].
- [S&Q MOTION] is disabled when the AUTO/MANUAL switch is set to AUTO.