You can set the movement of the zoom operation.
- MENU button - (CAMERA SET) - [ZOOM SET] ‒ select the desired item.
Descriptions of menu items
You can select the zoom type.
- OPTICAL ZOOM ONLY: Uses only the optical zoom. You can zoom up to 12×.
- ON[CLEAR IMAGE ZOOM]: Uses the clear image zoom in addition to the optical zoom.
You can zoom up to 24×, which includes 12× optical zoom for AVCHD or XAVC S HD, up to 18×, which includes 12× optical zoom for XAVC S 4K.
- ON[DIGITAL ZOOM]: Uses the digital zoom in addition to the optical zoom and clear image zoom.
You can zoom up to 192× but the image quality deteriorates within the range where appears.
You can increase the zoom speed of the zoom lever.
- OFF: Does not use the speed zoom function.
- ON: Uses the speed zoom function.
- When [SPEED ZOOM] is set to [ON], the zoom operation sound may be recorded.
- The following functions do not work while using the digital zoom.
- FACE DETECTION
- FOCUS AREA
- LOCK-ON AF
- Clear image zoom maintains an image quality that is close to the original.