You can set the output destination or output method of pictures.
- MENU button - (REC/OUT SET) - [VIDEO OUT] ‒ select the desired item.
Descriptions of menu items
4K REC OUTPUT:
Outputs picture signals during recording in XAVC S 4K format to either of the camcorder's viewfinder/LCD monitor or an external device.
You can use the face detection function during 4K recording.
- VF/LCD PANEL: Outputs to the viewfinder/LCD monitor.
- EXTERNAL OUTPUT: Outputs to the external devices.
You can select the resolution of the output signal from the HDMI OUT terminal.
The setting items differ depending on the setting of (OTHERS) - [60i/50i SEL].
When selecting [60i]:
AUTO, 2160p/1080p/480i, 2160p/720p/480i, 2160p/1080i/480i, 1080p/480i, 720p/480i, 1080i/480i, 480p, 480i
When selecting [50i]:
AUTO, 2160p/1080p/576i, 2160p/720p/576i, 2160p/1080i/576i, 1080p/576i, 720p/576i, 1080i/576i, 576p, 576i
24p OUTPUT (when 60i is selected for [60i/50i SEL] only):
You can set the output format when the frame rate setting of [REC FORMAT] is 24p.
- 24p: Outputs in 24p.
- 60p: Outputs in 60p.
DOWN CONVERT TYPE:
You can set the picture output method.
Use this function for outputting movies or photos recorded in 16:9.
- SQUEEZE: Outputs a horizontally compressed image while maintaining its original height.
- LETTER BOX(16:9): Outputs a vertically compressed image while maintaining its original aspect ratio.
- EDGE CROP: Outputs the central portion of the original image by cropping its right and left edges.
HDMI TC OUTPUT:
You can set whether to output time code to other devices via HDMI.
- OFF: Does not overlap the time code information on HDMI output signal.
- ON: Overlaps the time code information on HDMI output signal.
The data is transmitted as digital data, not as a projected image, and the connected device identifies the time data by referencing the transmitted digital data.
If the frame rate is 24p, 2-3 pulldown is performed and the converted information is automatically added and transmitted.
HDMI REC CONTROL:
When the camcorder is connected to an external recorder, the recording start/stop operation of the external recorder is controlled by the camcorder’s operation.
- OFF: Does not start recording on an external recorder by the camcorder’s operations.
- ON: Starts recording on an external recorder by the camcorder’s operations.
- The [4K REC OUTPUT] setting is enabled only when (REC/OUT SET) - [REC SET] - [FILE FORMAT] is set to [XAVC S 4K].
- You can use one of the following functions during recording in XAVC S 4K format.
- Outputting signals to an external device during recording
- FACE DETECTION function
- Proxy recording (not available when satisfying all the following conditions)
(REC/OUT SET) - [REC SET] - [REC FORMAT] is set to 100Mbps.
(REC/OUT SET) - [REC SET] - [SIMUL/RELAY REC] is set to other than [OFF].