Adjusting the shutter speed
You can adjust and fix the shutter speed manually.
A: Manual dial
B: SHUTTER SPEED button
C: AUTO/MANUAL switch
- Set the AUTO/MANUAL switch to MANUAL.
- Press the SHUTTER SPEED button.
- The or next to the shutter speed value disappears, and the shutter speed value is highlighted.
A: Shutter speed value
- Turn the manual dial to adjust the value and press the ////SET button to enter.
- For example,  appears on the LCD screen when you set the shutter speed to 1/100 second. The larger the value is, the faster the shutter speed is.
- The setting items differ depending on the setting of (OTHERS) - [60i/50i SEL].
When selecting [60i]:
You can select from 1/8 to 1/10000 (from 1/6 to 1/10000 when recording with 24p).
When selecting [50i]:
You can select from 1/6 to 1/10000.
To adjust the shutter speed automatically
Press the SHUTTER SPEED button while the shutter speed value is highlighted.
The shutter speed value disappears or appears next to the shutter speed value. When AE is fixed, appears.
- When you set the AUTO/MANUAL switch to AUTO, the iris, gain, ISO sensitivity, shutter speed, and white balance is adjusted automatically. You cannot adjust them manually.
- It is difficult to focus automatically at a lower shutter speed. We recommend to perform manual focusing with the camcorder attached to a tripod, or etc.
- When shooting under fluorescent lamps, sodium lamps, or mercury lamps, the picture may flicker or change colors, or may have horizontal bands of noise. You may be able to improve the situation by adjusting the shutter speed.
- You can switch the shutter speed display between seconds and degrees on [SHUTTER DISPLAY].
- You can change this setting directly with the ////SET button on the shooting standby screen (Direct Menu).